Rashmi Agrawal (PhD)
My area of interest are relating to development of planning, designing and conducting research and evaluation studies relating to Agriculture science, human capital assessment/development forecasting in various economy, gender and social issues. Currently, I am working as Monitoring and Evaluation experts to different agencies and sectors. I also provide my experts in capacity building program at national and international level in the field of M&E.
Area of Expertise
- Human Capital Planning, Development and Research
- Implementation, monitoring and evaluations of various developmental interventions,
- Capacity building of various stakeholders especially in M&E
- Research on gender, Human capital and other social issues.
- Conducted a study on slums in Delhi region with special reference to economic and social problems of women and children residing in slums;
- As a part of the project ‘Skill Development of the Rural Poor for Gainful Employment through NGOs’, conducted Skill Demand surveys in 45 districts of the country, using Focus group discussions and interviews of Key Informants
- Has provided technical inputs to ‘National Commission On Youth’ on policy matters and action plans to implement projects for development of adolescents and youth with special reference to girls.
- Earlier(2002-2004) as Joint Director in the ‘National Commission on Labour’, provided technical inputs for policy matters; functioned as Convener of the Special Groups formed for research and documentation on a)women and child labour b) unorganized labour, and c) social security; organized a number of workshops and seminars on issues relating to women, children and unorganized labour in collaboration with ILO and other organizations; interacted with various interest groups such as trade unions, employers, NGOs Central Ministries, State Govt. Departments, international organizations, and analyzed their views on various labour related issues and prepared reports.
- Associated with various educational and employment Departments such as Ministry of Labour, Directorate of Education etc. and was involved with Career Development; Planning and Development and Management Programmes, Psychological Test Administration Programmes etc. (Pl. see Annexure I for details)
- Provided consultancy services to organizations like National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) on development of teaching material for national- international students of postgraduate diploma courses on ‘Career Education Models, National Commission on Youth on youth employment and youth policies, Defence Research and development Organisation (DRDO) on Job Analysis
- Doctorate in Psychology- Lucknow University,1990, India
- Post-Graduation in Psychology-Agra University,1975, India
- Post Graduate Diploma in Educational and Vocational Guidance New Delhi, 1977, India
- Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations, 1983, India
- Special studies on Rehabilitation, 1991, USA
- International Programme on Development Evaluation and Training (IPDET) Carleton University, Canada and World Bank, 2006.
- Presently working as independent consultant as Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) specialist.
- Director, (Retired in July 2016) National Institute of Labour Economics Research & Development (NILERD), autonomous organization under NITI Aayog (Formerly Institute of Applied Manpower Research), Narela, Delhi 110040.
- Worked as Evaluation Quality Guardian and Applied WEE Practitioner in Corporate evaluation of UN Women’s contribution to women’s economic empowerment Independent Evaluation Office- UN Women project with Impact Ready (UK)
- Worked as Lead Consultant for a project to Assess and Forecast Qualitative Human Capital Requirements in Agriculture sponsored by Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa, Ghana involving various countries of Africa
- A Team member in UNICEF project on Evaluation Reports Review
- Drug Abuse –A Socio-psychological Study & Intervention strategies, 1997. Shipra Publications, New Delhi.
- Street Children – A Socio-psychological Study, 1999. Shipra Publications, New Delhi.
- Career literature on various careers, 1988-94. Through office.
- Gender Issues: A Roadmap to Empowerment, 2004. Shipra Publications, New Delhi. Co-author B.V.L.N. Rao.
- Guidance and Counselling, 2006.Shipra Publications, New Delhi.
- Education of Children with Disabilities, 2007. Shipra Publishers. Co-author B.V.N.Rao.
- Educational Technology and Management, 2009. Shipra Publishers.
- Children with Learning Disabilities, 2010, Shipra Publishers
- Human Growth and Development, 2012. Shipra Publishers
- Research Methodology, 2012. Shirpa Publishers.