Conservation Science and Management
Natural system provides vital services such as: ecosystem services that include, provisioning services (good produced or provided by ecosystem), regulating services (regulation of ecosystem processes), cultural services, and supporting services; it provides us with an array of food and materials that contribute to economy; medical discoveries that cures diseases; and it enhances the resilience of our ecosystem to adjust to disturbances such as fires, floods, climate change, etc. However, biodiversity is in a state of crisis putting these vital services in jeopardy especially food, water, and energy For these reasons, loss of biodiversity and ecosystems is more than just an academic concern, it has far reaching impacts on human societies. However, our understanding of these systems is not enough to comprehend the consequences of these losses. BIHS will focus is conservation science research to address the most challenging environmental issues facing Bhutan and the region.
- Biodiversity studies.
- Biodiversity Assessments and Monitoring for Adaptive Management
- Risk and Threat Assessments
- Watershed studies
- Terrestrial and Aquatic Ecological Research
- Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and Reports
- Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA) and Reports
- Buffer Zone and High Conservation Value (HCV) Planning and Designs
- Protected Area and Reserve Planning and Designs
- Landscape and Biogeographical Planning
- Conservation and Management
- Geographic Information Systems and Mapping
- Scientific Research and Data Analyses
- Forest management planning, fire, etc.