Tashi Wangchuk (PhD)
Ph.D. Sustainable Development and Conservation Biology, University of Maryland Dissertation Received Outstanding Research Award 2005 Master of Forest Science, Yale University, School of Forestry and Environmental Studies Bachelor of Science, Conservation Biology, cum laude,University of Maryland Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology, cum laude, University of Maryland
- Chief Executive Officer, Thunder Motors Electric Vehicles, Solar Dragon Energy Developers
- Asst. Professor and Research Associate, University of Maryland and Teton Science School, Jackson Hole, WY
- Senior Policy Advisor, United Nations Development Program, Thimphu, Bhutan
- Head, Bhutan Museum of Natural History, Thimphu
- Teaching Assistant and Ph.D. Student, University of Maryland
- Assistant Director, Research Nature Conservation Division, Royal Government of Bhutan
- Park Manager, Jigme Dorji National Park (JDNP), Bhutan
- Program Officer, National Environment Commission, Royal Government of Bhutan, Thimphu
- Wangchuk, T., D.Inouye, M.Hare, 2008. The emergence of an endangered species: Evolution and Phylogeny of the Golden langur (Trachypithecus geei) of Bhutan. International Journal of Primatology 29:565–582. http://www.springerlink.com/content/w413438388852t21/fulltext.pdf?page=1
- Wangchuk, T., and A. Muller, 2008. Gross National Happiness of Bhutan. Pursue Balance. Jackson Wyoming.
- Wangchuk, T., D.Inouye, E. Haag, M.Hare, 2008. The langurs of Bhutan as a case study for determining species boundaries for conservation purposes . International Journal of Primatology (In Press).
- Wangchuk, T., D. Yonten, K. Tshering, C. Tshering, P.Thinley, B.Pema. 2004. A Field Guide to the Mammals of Bhutan. Royal Government of Bhutan, Thimphu
- Wangchuk, T., 2004. Predator- Prey Dynamics: The role of predators in the control of problem species. J. of Bhutan Studies Vol 10 (Summer), p 68 -89. http://www.bhutanstudies.org.bt/journal/vol10/v10-7.pdf
- Wangchuk, T. 2004. The Middle Path to democracy in the Kingdom of Bhutan. Asian Survey Vol. XLIV, No.6, p 836-855.
- Wangchuk, T., D. Inouye, M. Hare, 2003. A new subspecies of Golden Langur (Trachypithecus geei) from Bhutan. Folia Primatologica. Vol 74(2) p 104-108 http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Doi=70007
- Wangchuk, T., 2000. Changes in the Land Use System in Bhutan: Ecology, Culture, History, and Power. J. of Bhutan Studies Vol 2 (1) p 54-85. http://www.bhutanstudies.org.bt/journal/vol2no1/v2n1landusechange.pdf
- Wangchuk, T. and T. Namgyal, 1998. Measuring Gross National Happiness: A predictive model for quantifying environmental and social well being in Bhutan. Academic J. of Sherubtse College, Vol 4 (1&2) 1-24.
- Wangchuk, Tashi, 1996. A census and biogeography of golden langurs (Presbytis geei) in Bhutan. Tigerpaper, FAO(UN) J. of Wildlife and National Parks Mgmt. Vol 22 (3) 1-6.
- Wangchuk, Tashi, 1996. Competition for forage between blue sheep and domestic yaks in Jigme Dorji National Park. Tsenden Bhutan J. of Forestry, Vol 12 (5) 12-22.