Tshering has numerous years of professional experience in nature conservation and livelihoods working with the Royal Society for Protection of Nature (RSPN), a conservation organization in Bhutan, the Future Generations (USA) and national consulting firms.
She headed the research program in conceptualizing research plans and implemented socio-economic and waste managements studies; and facilitated species research, and climate change studies in both rural and urban producing a number of publications at RSPN. As an individual consultant, she has worked with UNDP and the Asian Development Bank, developing climate change adaptation and awareness publications.
Area of Expertise
- Livelihoods and environment
- Social research design and methodology
- Socio-economic studies, mostly use of economics in social studies including gender
- Masters in Applied Community Change and Conservation, Future Generations Graduate School, North Mountain, West Virginia, USA
- Bachelor of Economics with focus on Macro Economics, Micro Economics and Statistics, Sherubtse College, Delhi University
- Director, Alumni Continuing Education Program, Future Generations Graduate School
- Research Coordinator, RSPN, Bhutan
- Programme and Development Coordinator, RSPN, Bhutan
- Fundraising and Communications Coordinator, RSPN
- Officiating Executive Director, RSPN
- Marketing and Development Officer, Credit and Investment department, Royal Insurance Corporation of Bhutan
- RSPN (2013), The Black-‐necked Crane Visitor Centre Guidebook.
- Climate Adaptation Background Paper (2011). UNDP Bhutan.
- Lhamtshok, T. (2010). Our Water. Our Natural Heritage, Ancient Legacy for a Modern Era (pp. 66-‐75). Thimphu, RSPN.
- Lhamtshok, T. (2008). Colours, a collection of wildflower photographs from Bhutan. Thimphu Rabsell Media Services.
- Socio-‐economic Survey Quantitative Data Compilation and Analysis using SPSS, Phobjikha (2011) prepared for RSPN.
- Manual on Climate Change and Health (2010). Thimphu, RSPN.
- Study report on poly-‐ethylene bag and strategies to reduce their use (2009) using Excel and Qualitative Data Analysis, prepared for Changshe Norbu Consultancy.
- Study report on scrap dealing system and strategies (2009) using Excel and Qualitative Data Analysis, prepared for Changshe Norbu Consultancy.
- An assessment of ecological and socio-‐economic factors that influence the population of N. andropogonifolius in Kangpara Using SPSS and Qualitative Data Analysis (2009).
- Study report on the extent of use of dustbins in Thimphu and Phuentsholing (2009), using Excel and Qualitative Data Analysis prepared for Changshe Norbu Consultancy.
- Evaluation report on alternative energy for Phobjikha using qualitative data analysis, 2007, prepared for RSPN.